CounterPath eyeBeam SIP header buffer overflow
|eyebeam-sip-header-bo (24181)||High Risk|
CounterPath eyeBeam Softphone is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of SIP header values. By sending an INVITE request containing an overly long SIP header value, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the application to crash or possibly execute arbitrary code on the victim's system.
Upgrade to the latest version of eyeBeam (1.1 build 3014 or later), available from the CounterPath Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jan 15 2006 - 20:58:42 CST: CounterPath eyeBeam Handing SIP header Vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Sep 20 2006 - 21:14:16 CDT: Re: CounterPath eyeBeam Handing SIP header Vulnerabilities.
- CounterPath Web site: eyeBeam Softphone.
- BID-16253: CounterPath eyeBeam SIP Header Data Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0359: Buffer overflow in CounterPath eyeBeam SIP Softphone allows remote attackers to (1) cause a denial of service (device crash) via SIP INVITE commands with a long header field name sent during startup and (2) cause a denial of service (device hang or crash) via SIP INVITE commands with a long header field name sent during a call.
- OSVDB ID: 22635: CounterPath eyeBeam SIP Packet Overflow DoS
- SA18516: CounterPath eyeBeam SIP Packet Handling Vulnerability
- CounterPath CounterPath eyeBeam
Jan 15, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this