IBM Lotus Notes/Domino BMP image denial of service
|lotus-bmp-dos (24214)||Medium Risk|
IBM Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by improper handling of malformed BMP images. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted BMP image to cause the HTTP server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Lotus Notes or Lotus Domino (6.5.5 or later), refer to IBM Support and Downloads - Fix List for Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino Release 6.5.5 Maintenance Release (MR) for more information. See References.
- IBM Support and Downloads: Fix List for Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino Release 6.5.5 Maintenance Release (MR).
- Notes/Domino Fix List: SPR # MYAA6FH5HW fixed in 6.5.5 release.
- BID-16158: IBM Lotus Domino and Notes Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0120: Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in IBM Lotus Notes and Domino Server before 6.5.5 allow attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via multiple vectors, involving (1) a malformed message sent to an Out Of Office agent (SPR LPEE6DMQWJ), (2) the compact command (RTIN5U2SAJ), (3) malformed bitmap images (MYAA6FH5HW), (4) the Delete Attachment action (YPHG6844LD), (5) parsing certificates from a remote Certificate Table (AELE6DZFJW), and (6) creating a SSL key ring with the Domino Administration client (NSUA4FQPTN).
- SA18328: IBM Lotus Domino/Notes Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.0
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.1
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.2
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.3
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.4
- IBM Lotus Domino 22.214.171.124
- IBM Lotus Domino 126.96.36.199
- IBM Lotus Domino Enterprise Server 6.5.2
- IBM Lotus Domino Enterprise Server 6.5.4
- IBM Lotus Notes 6.5
- IBM Lotus Notes 6.5.1
- IBM Lotus Notes 6.5.2
- IBM Lotus Notes 6.5.3
- IBM Lotus Notes 6.5.4
Jan 03, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this