Home Ftp Server long command denial of service
|homeftpserver-long-command-dos (24227)||Medium Risk|
Home Ftp Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by a buffer overflow. By sending an overly long command, a remote authenticated attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the FTP server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, 2006-01-15 18:47:55: Homeftp r1.0.7 Denial of Service.
- downstairs.dnsalias.net: Downloads.
- KAPDA Advisory 14 Jan 2006: Homeftp r1.0.7 Denial of Service.
- CVE-2006-0356: Ari Pikivirta Home Ftp Server 1.0.7 allows remote attackers to cause an unspecified denial of service via a long USER command combined with a long PASS command.
- OSVDB ID: 27925: Ari Pikivirta Home Ftp Server Crafted Command Remote DoS
- Home Series Home FTP Server 1.0.7
Jan 14, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this