MyDNS query denial of service
|mydns-query-dos (24228)||Medium Risk|
MyDNS is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a malformed DNS query to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of MyDNS (1.1.0 or later), available from the MyDNS Web site. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Refer to DSA-963-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Refer to Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 2006-01-16 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- MyDNS Web site: MyDNS: Home.
- MyDNS Web site: ChangeLog 18-Jan-2006 .
- BID-16431: MyDNS DNS Query Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0351: Unspecified critical denial-of-service vulnerability in MyDNS before 1.1.0 has unknown impact and attack vectors.
- DSA-963: mydns -- missing input sanitising
- GLSA-200601-16: MyDNS: Denial of Service
- OSVDB ID: 22636: MyDNS Malformed Query Response DoS
- SA18532: MyDNS Query Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1015521: MyDNS Service Can Be Crashed By Remote Users
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Don Moore MyDNS prior to 1.1.0
- Gentoo Linux
Jan 19, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this