K Desktop Environment (KDE) kjs buffer overflow
|kde-kjs-bo (24242)||High Risk|
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, as listed in KDE Security Advisory 20060119-1. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Refer to DSA-948-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Red Hat Linux:
Refer to RHSA-2006:0184-11 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Refer to Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 2006-01-11 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Ubuntu Linux:
Refer to USN-245-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- KDE Security Advisory 20060119-1: kjs encodeuri/decodeuri heap overflow vulnerability.
- ASA-2006-020: kdelibs security update (RHSA-2006-0184)
- BID-16325: KDE KJS Encodeuri / Decodeuri Remote Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- DSA-948: kdelibs -- buffer overflow
- GLSA-200601-11: KDE kjs: URI heap overflow vulnerability
- MDKSA-2006:019: Updated kdelibs packages fix vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 22659: KDE kjs UTF-8 Encoded URI Processing Overflow
- RHSA-2006-0184: kdelibs security update
- SA18500: KDE kjs UTF-8 Encoded URI Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1015512: KDE kjs Engine Buffer Overflow Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- USN-245-1: KDE library vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 5.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 5.10
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Gentoo Linux
- KDE K Desktop Environment (KDE) 3.2.0 - 3.5.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2006 X86_64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2006
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0 X86_64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 ES
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 Desktop
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 WS
- SUSE SuSE Linux 10.0
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.1
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.2
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.3
- SuSE SuSE SLES 9
Jan 20, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this