BEA WebLogic Portal config.xml information disclosure
|weblogicportal-config-info-disclosure (24284)||High Risk|
WebLogic Portal could disclose sensitive information. If the portal has been configured with the RDBMS Authentication provider, an attacker could determine the database password by accessing the RDBMS Authentication provider and viewing the database password which is stored in plain text in the config.xml file. An attacker could use this information to gain unauthorized access to the database.
Upgrade to the current version of WebLogic Portal (version 8.1 Service Pack 4 or later) as listed in BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-110.00). See References.
- BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-110.00): Cleartext database password in the config.xml file. .
- dev2dev Online: WebLogic Portal: BEA WebLogic Portal.
- BID-16358: BEA WebLogic Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0423: BEA WebLogic Portal 8.1 through SP3 stores the password for the RDBMS Authentication provider in cleartext in the config.xml file, which allows attackers to gain privileges.
- OSVDB ID: 22769: BEA WebLogic RDBMS Authentication config.xml Cleartext Password Disclosure
- SA18593: BEA WebLogic Portal Information Disclosure and Security Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1015528: BEA WebLogic Multiple Bugs Let Remote Users Deny Service, Obtain Information, and Access Restricted Resources
- Oracle WebLogic Portal 8.1 SP3
- RedHat Linux
- SuSE SuSE SLES 9
Jan 23, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this