Tor hidden service information disclosure
|tor-service-information-disclosure (24285)||Low Risk|
Tor could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. A design error in Tor could allow an attacker in control of a malicious Tor server to determine the location of a hidden service. The attacker could access the hidden service repeatedly to obtain sensitive information regarding Tor users.
Upgrade to the latest version of Tor (0.1.1.12-alpha or later), available from the Tor Download Web page. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Refer to Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 2006-06-04 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- or-announce Mailing List, Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:03:40 -0500: Tor security advisory: hidden services can be located quickly.
- Tor Download Web page: Tor: Packages and source.
- Tor Web site: Tor.
- BID-18323: Trac Information Disclosure And Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- BID-19795: Tor Multiple Buffer Overflow/Information Disclosure/Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0414: Tor before 0.1.1.20 allows remote attackers to identify hidden services via a malicious Tor server that attempts a large number of accesses of the hidden service, which eventually causes a circuit to be built through the malicious server.
- GLSA-200606-04: Tor: Several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 22689: EFF Tor Hidden Service Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 35672: EFF Tor Resource Consumption Hidden Service IP Address Disclosure
- SA18576: Tor Hidden Service Disclosure Weakness
- Gentoo Linux
- Tor Tor 0.1.1.10-a and prior
Jan 23, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this