BEA WebLogic Portal deployment descriptor information disclosure
|weblogic-deployment-descriptor-disclosure (24297)||Low Risk|
BEA WebLogic Portal could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to obtain the deployment descriptor file, which contains information that could be used to launch further attacks against the affected server.
Refer to BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-112.00) for patch or upgrade information. See References.
- BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-112.00): An application's deployment descriptor source is visible. .
- BID-16358: BEA WebLogic Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0425: BEA WebLogic Portal 8.1 through SP4 allows remote attackers to obtain the source for a deployment descriptor file via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 22768: BEA WebLogic Portal Deployment Descriptors File Source Disclosure
- SA18593: BEA WebLogic Portal Information Disclosure and Security Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1015528: BEA WebLogic Multiple Bugs Let Remote Users Deny Service, Obtain Information, and Access Restricted Resources
- Oracle WebLogic Portal 8.1 SP4
Jan 23, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this