BEA WebLogic Server JDNI security policy weakness
|weblogic-jdni-security-weakness (24299)||Low Risk|
BEA WebLogic Server and Express fail to correctly set JNDI security policies when set through the WebLogic Administration Console. This could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to JDNI resources that are not properly protected.
Refer to BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-119.00) for patch or upgrade information. See References.
- BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-119.00): Console applies incorrect JNDI policies. .
- BID-16358: BEA WebLogic Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0432: Unspecified vulnerability in BEA WebLogic Server and WebLogic Express 9.0, when an Administrator uses the WebLogic Administration Console to add custom security policies, causes incorrect policies to be created, which prevents the server from properly protecting JNDI resources.
- OSVDB ID: 22770: BEA WebLogic Admin Console JNDI Resource Security Policy Issue
- SA18592: BEA WebLogic Server/Express Vulnerabilities and Security Issues
- SECTRACK ID: 1015528: BEA WebLogic Multiple Bugs Let Remote Users Deny Service, Obtain Information, and Access Restricted Resources
- Oracle WebLogic Server 9.0 Express
- Oracle WebLogic Server 9.0
Jan 23, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this