WeBWork privileged user command execution
|webwork-unknown-command-execution (24322)||Medium Risk|
WeBWork could allow a remote attacker with valid user credentials to execute arbitrary commands on the system with the privileges of the Web server process.
Upgrade to the latest version of WeBWork (2.1.4 or later), available from the WeBWork Web site. See References.
- WeBWorK Web site: WeBWorKRelease2pt1pt4.
- BID-16371: WeBWorK Remote Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0446: Unspecified vulnerability in WeBWorK 2.1.3 and 2.2-pre1 allows remote privilged attackers to execute arbitrary commands as the web server via unknown attack vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 22758: WeBWorK Unspecified Arbitrary Command Execution
- SA18594: WeBWorK Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- WeBWorK-TWiki WeBWork 2.1.3
Jan 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this