CRE Loaded files.php authentication bypass
|creloaded-files-auth-bypass (24377)||Medium Risk|
CRE (Chain Reaction Edition) could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system caused by a vulnerabiltity in the HTMLArea package. The /admin/htmlarea/popups/file/files.php script is accessible without authentication. A remote attacker could use this script to upload malicious PHP files and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of CRE Loaded (6.2 or later), available from the CRE Loaded Web site. See References.
- CRE Loaded Project Web site: CRE Main Menu.
- BID-16415: CRE Loaded Files.PHP Access Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0478: CRE Loaded 6.15 allows remote attackers to perform privileged actions, including uploading and creating arbitrary files, via a direct request to files.php. NOTE: the vendor states The initial announcement of this risk was made on our website... and it included a patch which will close the vulnerability on all known 6.0x and 6.1x releases. We strongly encourage users of CRE Loaded 6.x
- OSVDB ID: 22793: HTMLArea files.php Unauthenticated Arbitrary File Upload
- SA18648: CRE Loaded "HTML AREA" File Upload Security Issue
- Chain Reaction Web CRE Loaded 6.15 and prior
Jan 30, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this