Mantis config_defaults_inc.php cross-site scripting
|mantis-configdefaultsinc-xss (24585)||Medium Risk|
Mantis is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the config_defaults_inc.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the current version of Mantis (version 1.0.0 or later) available from the Mantis Download Web page. See References.
- Mantis Bug Tracker Web site: Mantis bug tracking system.
- Mantis Download Web page: Download Mantis 1.0.0.
- BID-16561: Mantis Config_Defaults_Inc.PHP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0664: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in config_defaults_inc.php in Mantis before 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unknown attack vectors. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information. An original vendor bug report is referenced, but not accessible to the general public.
- DSA-1133: mantis -- missing input sanitising
- OSVDB ID: 23080: Mantis config_defaults_inc.php Unspecified XSS
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-0485: Mantis Multiple SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Mantis Mantis prior to 1.0.0
Feb 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.