Plume CMS prepend.php file include
|plumecms-prepend-file-include (24697)||Medium Risk|
Plume CMS could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. If register_globals is enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the prepend.php script using the '_PX_config[manager_path]' parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote or local system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Plume CMS (1.0.4 or later), available from the Plume CMS Web site. See References.
- Plume CMS Web site: Download Plume CMS - PLUME CMS.
- BID-16662: Plume CMS Prepend.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0725: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in prepend.php in Plume CMS 1.0.2, when register_globals is enabled, allows remote attackers to include arbitrary files via a URL in the _PX_config[manager_path] parameter. NOTE: this is a different executable and affected version than CVE-2006-2645.
- OSVDB ID: 23204: Plume CMS prepend.php _PX_config[manager_path] Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA18883: Plume CMS prepend.php File Inclusion Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1015624: Plume CMS Include File Error in `prepend.php` Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Commands
- Plume CMS Plume CMS 1.0.2
Feb 15, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.