SquirrelMail sqimap_mailbox_select IMAP/SMTP injection
|squirrelmail-mailbox-imap-injection (24849)||Low Risk|
SquirrelMail is vulnerable to CRLF injection. This could allow a remote attacker to inject arbitrary IMAP and SMTP commands when using the mailbox or the subject parameter of the sqimap_mailbox_select command. An attacker could use this vulnerability to send SPAM or exploit other known IMAP and SMTP vulnerabilities.
Upgrade to the latest version of SquirrelMail (1.4.6 or later), available from the SquirrelMail Web site. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Refer to DSA-988-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Red Hat Linux:
Refer to RHSA-2006:0283-6 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Refer to Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 2006-03-09 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 27 2006 - 03:10:24 CST: [ISecAuditors Advisories] IMAP/SMTP Injection in SquirrelMail.
- SquirrelMail Web site: IMAP injection in sqimap_mailbox_select mailbox parameter.
- SquirrelMail Web site: SquirrelMail - Webmail for Nuts!.
- ASA-2006-096: squirrelmail security update (RHSA-2006-0283)
- BID-16756: SquirrelMail Multiple Cross-Site Scripting and IMAP Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0377: CRLF injection vulnerability in SquirrelMail 1.4.0 to 1.4.5 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary IMAP commands via newline characters in the mailbox parameter of the sqimap_mailbox_select command, aka IMAP injection.
- DSA-988: squirrelmail -- several vulnerabilities
- GLSA-200603-09: SquirrelMail: Cross-site scripting and IMAP command injection
- MDKSA-2006:049: Updated squirrelmail packages fix vulnerabilities
- RHSA-2006-0283: squirrelmail security update
- SA18985: SquirrelMail Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1015662: SquirrelMail Input Validation Bugs Let Remote Users Inject IMAP Commands and Conduct Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- SUSE-SR:2006:005: SUSE Security Summary Report
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-0689: SquirrelMail Multiple Cross Site Scripting and IMAP Injection Vulnerabilities
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Gentoo Linux
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0 X86_64
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 WS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 Desktop
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 ES
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 WS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 Desktop
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 ES
- SquirrelMail SquirrelMail 1.4.5 and prior
Feb 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this