Gallery getRemoteHostAddress() function cross-site scripting
|gallery-getremotehostaddress-xss (25117)||Medium Risk|
Gallery is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the 'getRemoteHostAddress()' function. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'X_FORWARDED_FOR' HTTP header to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the current version of Gallery (version 2.0.3 or later) available from the Gallery Web site. See References.
- Gallery Web site: Gallery - Your Photos on Your Website.
- GulfTech Research & Development Web site: Gallery 2 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-16940: Gallery Album Comments HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-1127: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Gallery 2 up to 2.0.2 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the X-Forwarded-For (X_FORWARDED_FOR) HTTP header, which is not properly handled when adding a comment to an album.
- OSVDB ID: 23596: Gallery GalleryUtilities.class X_FORWARDED_FOR HTTP Header Field XSS
- SA19104: Gallery Script Insertion and Session Handling Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1015717: Gallery Input Validation Holes Let Remote Users Delete Files and Conduct Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-0813: Gallery Cross Site Scripting and Arbitrary File Manipulation Vulnerabilities
- Gallery Gallery 2 - 2.0.2
Mar 03, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this