Open WebMail multiple openwebmail scripts cross-site scripting
|openwebmail-multiple-scripts-xss (26105)||Medium Risk|
Open WebMail is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple openwebmail scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'sessionid' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Open WebMail (2.52 or later), available from the Open WebMail Web site. See References.
- Open WebMail Web site: Welcome to Open WebMail Project!.
- UNSECURED SYSTEMS 27 april 2006: Open WebMail <=2.51 XSS vuln..
- CVE-2006-2190: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in ow-shared.pl in OpenWebMail (OWM) 2.51 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the sessionid parameter in (1) openwebmail-send.pl, (2) openwebmail-advsearch.pl, (3) openwebmail-folder.pl, (4) openwebmail-prefs.pl, (5) openwebmail-abook.pl, (6) openwebmail-read.pl, (7) openwebmail-cal.pl, and (8) openwebmail-webdisk.pl. NOTE: the openwebmail-main.pl vector is already covered by CVE-2005-2863.
- SA16734: Open WebMail "sessionid" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Open WebMail Project Open WebMail 2.51
Apr 27, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this