TextFileBB BBCode tags cross-site scripting
|textfilebb-bbcode-tags-xss (26129)||Medium Risk|
TextFileBB is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input embedded within BBCode tags. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'color', 'size' or 'url' BBCode tags to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of TextFileBB (1.0.17 or later), available from the TextFileBB Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Apr 29 2006 - 14:15:49 CDT: TextFileBB 1.0.16 Multiple XSS.
- TextFileBB Web site: PHP-Quick-Arcade Support Board -> TextFileBB.
- BID-17750: TextFileBB Multiple Tag Script Injection Vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 25123: TextFileBB BBcode Multiple Tag XSS
- SA19883: TextFileBB BBcode Script Insertion Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016013: textfileBB Input Validation Holes in BBCode Permit Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- TextFileBB TextFileBB 1.0.16
Apr 29, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this