HB-NS (Harold Bakker`s NewsScript) index.php cross-site scripting
|hbns-index-xss (26138)||Medium Risk|
HB-NS (Harold Bakker's NewsScript) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'poster_name', 'poster_email', 'poster_homepage' or 'message' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- eVuln Advisory EV0127: HB-NS Multiple XSS and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities.
- Harold's Home Web page: HB-NS (Harold Bakker's NewsScript).
- BID-17759: HB-NS Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2146: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in index.php in HB-NS 1.1.6 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) poster_name, (2) poster_email, (3) poster_homepage, or (4) message parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25164: HB-NS index.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA19896: HB-NS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016037: HB-NS Input Validation Bugs Permit Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection Attacks
- Harold Bakker HB-NS 1.1.6
Apr 29, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this