OrbitHYIP signup.php and members.php cross-site scripting
|orbithyip-signup-members-xss (26163)||Medium Risk|
OrbitHYIP is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the signup.php and members.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the referral or id parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- OrbitScripts Web site: OrbitHYIP Overview.
- UNSECURED SYSTEMS 30 april 2006: OrbitHYIP XSS.
- BID-17766: OrbitHYIP Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2140: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in OrbitHYIP 2.0 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script via the (1) referral parameter to signup.php or (2) id parameter to members.php.
- OSVDB ID: 25141: OrbitHYIP signup.php referral Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 25142: OrbitHYIP members.php id Parameter XSS
- SA19877: OrbitHYIP Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- OrbitScripts OrbitHYIP 2.0 and prior
Apr 30, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.