TopList toplist.php and list.php file include
|toplist-toplist-list-file-include (26172)||Medium Risk|
TopList could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the toplist.php script using the 'phpbb_root_path' parameter or to the list.php script using the 'returnpath' parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from the local or a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of TopList (2.1.0 or later), available from the TopList Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Apr 28 2006 - 01:13:50 CDT: TopList <= 1.3.8 (PHPBB Hack) Remote File Inclusion Vulnerability.
- TopList Web site: phpBB2Hacks.de :: TopList.
- CVE-2006-2150: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in top/list.php in phpBB TopList 1.3.8 and earlier allows remote attackers to include arbitrary files via the returnpath parameter.
- CVE-2006-2151: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in toplist.php in phpBB TopList 1.3.8 and earlier, when register_globals is enabled, allows remote attackers to include arbitrary files via the phpbb_root_path parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25260: phpBB TopList toplist.php phpbb_root_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 25294: TopList for phpBB list.php returnpath Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA19884: phpBB TopList "phpbb_root_path" File Inclusion Vulnerability
- phpBB2Hacks.de TopList 1.3.8
Apr 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.