Thyme index.php cross-site scripting
|thyme-index-xss (26188)||Medium Risk|
Thyme is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'searchfor' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Thyme, available from the Thyme Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Apr 29 2006 - 02:29:05 CDT: Thyme 1.3 Cross Site Scripting.
- Extrovert Software Web site: Welcome to Thyme.
- BID-17746: Thyme Search Page HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2117: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Thyme 1.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the search page.
- OSVDB ID: 25166: Thyme Search Event Field searchfor Parameter XSS
- SA19909: Thyme "searchfor" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Extrovert Software Thyme 1.3
Apr 29, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this