Aardvark Topsites PHP lostpw.php and join.php file include
|aardvark-lostpw-join-file-include (26189)||Medium Risk|
Aardvark Topsites PHP could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. If register_globals is enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the lostpw.php or join.php scripts using the CONFIG[path] parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Aardvark Topsites PHP (5.0.2 or later), available from the Aardvark Topsites PHP Web site. See References.
- Aardvark Topsites PHP Web site: Aardvark Topsites PHP - A Free PHP Topsites Script.
- BID-17940: Aardvark Topsites PHP LostPW.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2149: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in sources/lostpw.php in Aardvark Topsites PHP 4.2.2 and earlier, when register_globals is enabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via the CONFIG[path] parameter, as demonstrated by including a GIF that contains PHP code.
- CVE-2006-7026: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in sources/join.php in Aardvark Topsites PHP 4.2.2 and earlier, when register_globals is enabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the CONFIG[path] parameter, a different vector than CVE-2006-2149.
- OSVDB ID: 25158: Aardvark Topsites PHP sources/lostpw.php CONFIG[path] Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 37337: Aardvark Topsites PHP sources/join.php CONFIG[path] Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA19911: Aardvark Topsites PHP "CONFIG[path]" File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Jeremy Scheff Aardvark Topsites PHP 4.2.2
Apr 30, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this