OpenBB misc.php and member.php path disclosure
|openbb-multiple-path-disclosure (26193)||Low Risk|
OpenBB (Open Bulletin Board) could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted requests to the misc.php or member.php script using the 'pforums' parameter to cause the system to display the full installation path for OpenBB. This information could be used to launch other, more specific attacks on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Apr 28 2006 - 13:50:09 CDT: OpenBB 1.0.8 Full Path Disclosure.
- Open Bulletin Board Web site: Open Bulletin Board.
- CVE-2006-2216: Open Bulletin Board (OpenBB) 1.0.8 allows remote attackers to obtain the full path of the web server via an invalid pforums parameter to (1) misc.php and (2) member.php.
- OSVDB ID: 25604: OpenBB misc.php pforums Variable Malformed Input Path Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 25605: OpenBB member.php pforums Variable Malformed Input Path Disclosure
- Iansoft Enterprises OpenBB 1.0.8
Apr 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this