MyNews mynews.inc.php cross-site scripting
|mynews-mynews-xss (26199)||Medium Risk|
MyNews is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the mynews.inc.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'hash' or 'page' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of MyNews (1.6.4 or later), available from the MyNews Web site. See References.
- cyber-soldiers.org: MyNews 1.6.2 Cross Site Scripting.
- MyNews Web page: MyNews 1.6.2.
- BID-17823: MyNews Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2208: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in mynews.inc.php in MyNews 1.6.2 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) hash and (2) page parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 25223: MyNews mynews.inc.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 41847: MyNews index.php hash Parameter XSS
- SA19935: MyNews Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- planetluc.com MyNews 1.6.2
May 03, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this