CMScout message form field cross-site scripting
|cmscout-messageform-xss (26223)||Medium Risk|
CMScout is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in the message form field. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability when posting in a forum or sending a personal message to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of CMScout (1.21 or later), available from the CMScout Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 02 2006 - 09:31:49 CDT: Cmscout <= V1.10 multiple XSS attack vectors.
- CMScout Web site: CMScout Website::A CMS for scouting::Home Page.
- BID-17796: CmScout Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2188: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in CMScout 1.10 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the Body field of a private message (PM), (2) BBCode, or (3) a forum post.
- OSVDB ID: 25246: CMScout Message Body XSS
- OSVDB ID: 25247: CMScout BBCode Tag XSS
- SA19933: CMScout Multiple Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016023: CMScout Input Validation Holes in Forum and Private Messages Let Remote Users Conduct Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- CMScout CMScout 1.10
May 04, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this