PunBB misc.php cross-site scripting
|punbb-misc-xss (26245)||Medium Risk|
PunBB is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the misc.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability when sending an email to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of PunBB (1.2.12 or later), available from the PunBB Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 03 2006 - 10:48:31 CDT: PunBB 1.2.11 Cross-Site Scripting.
- PunBB Web site: PunBB.org.
- BID-17827: PunBB Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2227: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in misc.php in PunBB 1.2.11 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the req_message parameter, because the value of the redirect_url parameter is not sanitized.
- OSVDB ID: 25256: PunBB misc.php redirect_url Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 25947: PunBB Admin Note Field XSS
- SA19986: PunBB "redirect_url" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- PunBB PunBB 1.2.11
May 03, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this