Russcom.Loginphp register.php cross-site scripting
|russcom-loginphp-register-xss (26249)||Medium Risk|
Russcom.Loginphp is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the register.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'Uname' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 02 2006 - 09:33:00 CDT: Russcom.net Loginphp multiple vulnerabilties.
- Russcom.Loginphp Web site: WWW.Russcom.net.
- BID-17785: Russcomm Network LoginPHP Username HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2160: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Russcom Network Loginphp (Russcom.Loginphp) allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the username field when registering.
- OSVDB ID: 25213: Russcom.Loginphp register.php Uname Parameter XSS
- SA19930: Russcom.Loginphp Script Insertion and Open Mail Relay
- Russcom.net Russcom.Loginphp
May 02, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this