Stadtaus Guestbook include_files parameter file include
|guestbook-includefiles-file-include (26252)||Medium Risk|
Stadtaus Guestbook could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to various scripts using the 'include_files' parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the current version of Stadtaus Guestbook (1.9 or later) available from the Stadtaus.com Download Web page. See References.
- Stadtaus Forum, 2006-04-25 (14:33): Security Update - Version 1.9 released.
- Stadtaus.com Download Web page: Download Guestbook Script.
- Stadtaus.com Web site: PHP Guestbook Script.
- BID-17845: Stadtaus Guestbook Index.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2158: Dynamic variable evaluation vulnerability in index.php in Stadtaus Guestbook Script 1.7 and earlier, when register_globals is enabled, allows remote attackers to modify arbitrary program variables via parameters, which are evaluated as PHP variable variables, as demonstrated by performing PHP remote file inclusion using the include_files array parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25251: Stadtaus GÃ¤stebuch-Script index.php include_files Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA19957: Stadtaus Gästebuch-Script "include_files" File Inclusion
- STADTAUS.com Guestbook 1.7 and prior
Apr 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this