zawhttpd HTTP GET denial of service
|zawhttpd-get-dos (26257)||Medium Risk|
zawhttpd is vulnerable to a denial of service attack caused by a buffer overflow. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP GET request to the server, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 02 2006 - 17:40:13 CDT: zawhttpd - Buffer Overflow.
- NORZ.ORG: zawhttpd.
- BID-17814: zawhttpd Remote HTTP GET Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2222: Buffer overflow in zawhttpd 0.8.23, and possibly previous versions, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via a request for a URI composed of several \ (backslash) characters.
- OSVDB ID: 25671: zawhttpd GET Request Remote Overflow DoS
- SECTRACK ID: 1016030: zawhttpd Can Be Crashed By Remote Users
- NORZ.ORG zawhttpd 0.8.23 and prior
May 02, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this