WebCalendar includes/user.php information disclosure
|webcalendar-user-information-disclosure (26262)||Low Risk|
WebCalendar could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. The error messages returned for a failed login attempt contain information that could allow a remote attacker to determine valid usernames. Once a valid username is discovered, the attacker could use brute force techniques to gain access to the WebCalendar application.
Upgrade to the latest version of WebCalendar (0.9.45-4sarge4 or later), available from the Debian Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Thu May 04 2006 - 17:10:29 CDT: WebCalendar User Account Enumeration Weakness.
- WebCalendar Web site: Project: WebCalendar: Summary.
- BID-17853: WebCalendar Username Enumeration Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2247: WebCalendar 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 generates different error messages depending on whether or not a username is valid, which allows remote attackers to enumerate valid usernames.
- DSA-1056: webcalendar -- verbose error message
- OSVDB ID: 25280: WebCalendar Login Error Message User Account Enumeration
- SA19974: WebCalendar User Account Enumeration Weakness
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- WebCalendar WebCalendar 1.0.1
- WebCalendar WebCalendar 1.0.2
- WebCalendar WebCalendar 1.0.3
May 04, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this