CuteNews search parameters cross-site scripting
|cutenews-search-parameters-xss (26270)||Medium Risk|
CuteNews is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the search.php script. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'user', 'story' or 'title' parameters to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of CuteNews (1.4.5 or later), available from the CuteNews Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 04 2006 - 20:45:28 CDT: CuteNews 1.4.1 Multiple vulnerabilities.
- CuteNews Web site: CutePHP.com.
- BID-17850: CuteNews Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2249: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in search.php in CuteNews 1.4.1 and earlier, and possibly 1.4.5, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) user, (2) story, or (3) title parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 25304: CuteNews search.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA20026: CuteNews "search.php" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CutePHP CuteNews 1.4.1 and prior
May 04, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this