TZipBuilder ZIP buffer overflow
|tzipbuilder-zip-bo (26275)||High Risk|
TZipBuilder is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow caused by improper bounds checking of file names in a ZIP archive. By creating a malicious ZIP archive containing an overly long file name, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system, once the malicious ZIP file is extracted.
Upgrade to the latest version of TZipBuilder (1.79.04.00 or later), available from the TZipBuilder Web site. See References.
- TZipBuilder Web site: TZipBuilder.
- BID-17880: TZipBuilder ZIP File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2161: Buffer overflow in (1) TZipBuilder 1.79.03.01, (2) Abakt 0.9.2 and 0.9.3-beta1, (3) CAM UnZip 4.0 and 4.3, and possibly other products, allows user-assisted attackers to execute arbitrary code via a ZIP archive that contains a file with a long file name.
- SA19945: TZipBuilder ZIP File Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SA19946: CAM UnZip ZIP File Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SA20068: Abakt ZIP File Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016064: TZipBuilder Buffer Overflow in Processing ZIP Archives Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- SECTRACK ID: 1016107: Abakt Buffer Overflow in Processing Zip Files Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- TZipBuilder TZipBuilder 1.79.03.01
May 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this