Knowledge Base Mod for phpBB includes/kb_constants.php file include
|kbmod-phpbb-kbconstants-file-include (26279)||Medium Risk|
Knowledge Base MOD could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the includes/kb_constants.php script using the 'module_root_path' parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- phpBB.com Knowledge Base Web site: Knowledge Base MOD.
- BID-17763: phpBB Knowledge Base Mod KB_constants.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2134: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in /includes/kb_constants.php in Knowledge Base Mod for PHPbb 2.0.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the module_root_path parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25262: phpBB Knowledge Base Mod kb_constants.php module_root_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA19892: phpBB Knowledge Base Mod File Inclusion Vulnerability
- phpBB Knowledge Base MOD 2.0.2 and prior
May 01, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this