OpenFAQ submit.php cross-site scripting
|openfaq-submit-xss (26286)||Medium Risk|
OpenFAQ is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the submit.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'q' parameter to execute HTML script in an administrative user's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 05 2006 - 19:47:22 CDT: OpenFAQ - HTML injection and XSS (Cross Site Scripting).
- SourceForge.net: OpenFAQ.
- BID-17860: OpenFAQ Validate.PHP HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2252: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in submit.php in OpenFAQ 0.4.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the q parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25350: OpenFAQ submit.php q Parameter XSS
- SA20018: OpenFAQ "q" Parameter Script Insertion Vulnerability
- OpenFAQ OpenFAQ 0.4.0
May 05, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this