PassMasterFlex "User-Agent" header cross-site scripting
|pmf-useragent-header-xss (26298)||Medium Risk|
PassMasterFlex and PassMasterFlexPlus are vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the 'user-agent' header. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'username' or 'password' parameters, to gain administrator access and embed HTML script in the 'Hack Log' which would be executed in an administrative user's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site when the 'Hack Log' is viewed, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat May 06 2006 - 07:56:12 CDT: PassMasterFlex (and PassMasterFlex+) XSS injection.
- Lethal Penguin Web site: PassMasterFlexPlus.
- Lethal Penguin Web site: PassMasterFlex.
- BID-17866: PassMasterFlex Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2340: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in PassMasterFlex and PassMasterFlexPlus (PassMasterFlex+) 1.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) username, (2) password, or (3) User-Agent HTTP header in the Hack Log.
- OSVDB ID: 25302: PassMasterFlexPlus User-Agent HTTP Header Field XSS
- SA20020: PassMasterFlexPlus "Hack Log" Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Lethal Penguin PassMasterFlex
- Lethal Penguin PassMasterFlexPlus
May 05, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this