WarFTPD wdm.exe buffer overflow
|warftpd-wdm-bo (26304)||High Risk|
WarFTPD (War FTP Daemon) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of certain commands. By sending a specially-crafted command, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the wdm.exe process to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of WarFTPD (1.82.00-RC11 or later), available from the WarFTPD Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 08 2006 - 04:45:14 CDT: INFIGO-2006-05-03: Multiple FTP Servers vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Nov 12 2005 - 17:42:01 CST: FTP Fuzzer. (Date stamp is incorrect. This came out on BugTraq in May 2006)
- WarFTPD Web page: Jgaa's Internet - Software and Internet technology.
- BID-17803: WarFTPD WDM.EXE Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2171: Buffer overflow in WDM.exe in WarFTPD allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unspecified arguments, as demonstrated by the Infigo FTPStress Fuzzer.
- OSVDB ID: 25220: WarFTPd WDM.exe File Path Handling Remote Overflow
- Jgaa WarFTPd
May 03, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this