Microsoft Infotech Storage System Library (itss.dll) CHM file heap corruption
|ms-itssdll-chm-bo (26340)||High Risk|
The Microsoft Infotech Storage System Library (itss.dll) is vulnerable to a heap corruption. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system, if the attacker could persuade a victim to decompile a malicious CHM file.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 09 2006 - 15:27:17 CDT: [Reversemode] Microsoft Infotech Storage library Heap Corruption.
- Reversemode Advisory 09.05.2006: Microsoft Infotech Storage library Itss.dll Heap Corruption.
- BID-17926: Microsoft Infotech Storage Library Heap Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2297: Heap-based buffer overflow in Microsoft Infotech Storage System Library (itss.dll) allows user-assisted attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted CHM / ITS file that triggers the overflow while decompiling.
- OSVDB ID: 25501: Microsoft Windows itss.dll CHM Processing Overflow
- SA20061: Microsoft Windows "itss.dll" Heap Corruption Vulnerability
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows 98SE
- Microsoft Windows Me
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Microsoft Windows XP
May 09, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this