EPublisherPro moreinfo.asp cross-site scripting
|epublisherpro-moreinfo-xss (26344)||Medium Risk|
EPublisherPro is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the moreinfo.asp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'title' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- EPublisherPro Web page: EPublisherPro Features.
- BID-17907: EPublisherPro Moreinfo.ASP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2306: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in moreinfo.asp in EPublisherPro allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the title parameter. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 25330: EPublisherPro moreinfo.asp title Parameter XSS
- SA20006: EPublisherPro "title" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Kevan1.com EPublisherPro
May 09, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this