phpRaid root_path file include
|phpraid-rootpath-file-include (26346)||Medium Risk|
phpRaid could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. If the phpBB portal is active, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the auth/auth_phpbb.php or auth/auth_phpbb script, using the 'phpbb_root_path' parameter or if the SMF portal is active, to the auth/auth.php or auth/auth_SMF script using the 'smf_root_path' parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of phpRaid (3.0.b4 or later), available from the phpRaid Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 08 2006 - 05:06:37 CDT: [Kurdish Security # 4] phpRaid Remote File Include Vulnerability (PHPBB).
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 08 2006 - 05:08:07 CDT: [Kurdish Security # 5] phpRaid Remote File Include [SMF].
- SpiffyJr.com: phpRaid.
- BID-17875: PHPRaid Multiple Remote File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2283: Multiple PHP remote file inclusion vulnerabilities in SpiffyJr phpRaid 2.9.5 through 3.0.b3 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the phpbb_root_path parameter in (1) auth.php and (2) auth_phpbb when the phpBB portal is enabled, and via a URL in the smf_root_path parameter in (3) auth.php and (4) auth_SMF when the SMF portal is enabled.
- OSVDB ID: 25358: phpRaid auth.php Multiple Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA20027: phpRaid "phpbb_root_path" File Inclusion Vulnerability
- SpiffyJr.com phpRaid 2.9.5 - 3.0.b3
May 07, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this