Ideal BB Scripting.FileSystemObject information disclosure
|idealbb-information-disclosure (26348)||Medium Risk|
Ideal BB could allow a remote attacker to obtain information. A remote attacker could send a request to the OpenTextFile method of the Scripting.FileSystemObject to view arbitrary files in the Web root.
Upgrade to the latest version of Ideal BB (1.5.4b or later), available from the Ideal BB Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sun May 07 2006 - 23:59:00 CDT: Multiple Vulnerabilities In IdealBB ASP Bulletin Board.
- Ideal BB Web site: Ideal Science: Bulletin Board Software.
- BID-17920: IdealBB Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2317: Unspecified vulnerability in Ideal Science Ideal BB 1.5.4a and earlier allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files under the web root via unspecified attack vectors related to the OpenTextFile method in Scripting.FileSystemObject.
- OSVDB ID: 25455: IdealBB Scripting.FileSystemObject Method Arbitrary File Access
- SA20035: IdealBB Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Ideal Science Ideal BB.NET 1.3 and prior
May 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this