Jadu register.php cross-site scripting
|jadu-register-xss (26349)||Medium Risk|
Jadu is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the register.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'forename', 'surname', 'reg_email', 'email_conf', 'company', 'city', 'postcode' or 'telephone parameters to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Through private correspondence, the vendor states that this vulnerability has been fixed. Refer to Jadu Web site to contact the vendor for more information. See References.
- Jadu Web site: Jadu. Information. Products.
- BID-17929: Jadu CMS Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2305: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Jadu CMS allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) forename, (2) surname, (3) reg_email, (4) email_conf, (5) company, (6) city, (7) postcode, or (8) telephone parameters to site/scripts/register.php. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 25430: Jadu CMS register.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA20053: Jadu CMS "register.php" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Jadu Jadu eGov CS
- Jadu Jadu eXpress
- Jadu Jadu Intranet
May 10, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this