Cisco AVS transparent proxy unauthorized TCP relay
|cisco-avs-unauth-tcp-relay (26351)||Low Risk|
The Cisco Application Velocity System (AVS) can be used as an unauthorized TCP relay. A remote attacker could use an affected Cisco AVS device to forward traffic to any TCP service that is able to process a request embedded within a HTTP POST method message. This could allow the attacker to perform malicious activity anonymously.
Refer to Cisco Security Advisory cisco-sa-20060510-avs for upgrade or workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20060510-avs: Cisco Security Advisory: AVS TCP Relay Vulnerability.
- BID-17937: Cisco Application Velocity System Open TCP Proxy Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2322: The transparent proxy feature of the Cisco Application Velocity System (AVS) 3110 5.0 and 4.0 and earlier, and 3120 5.0.0 and earlier, has a default configuration that allows remote attackers to proxy arbitrary TCP connections, aka Bug ID CSCsd32143.
- OSVDB ID: 25459: Cisco Application Velocity System (AVS) Transparent Proxy Arbitrary Mail Relay
- SA20079: Cisco Application Velocity System Open Relay Security Issue
- SECTRACK ID: 1016056: Cisco Application Velocity System Lets Remote Users Relay TCP Connections
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-1762: Cisco Application Velocity System (AVS) Transparent TCP Relay Vulnerability
- Cisco Application Velocity System 3110 4.0
- Cisco Application Velocity System 3110 5.0
- Cisco Application Velocity System 3120 5.0
May 10, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this