Ideal BB ASP file upload
|idealbb-asp-file-upload (26353)||Medium Risk|
Ideal BB could allow a remote attacker to upload ASP files. A remote attacker could upload a file with a .asa extension containing malicious ASP code that would be executed once the file is accessed.
Upgrade to the latest version of Ideal BB (1.5.4b or later), available from the Ideal BB Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sun May 07 2006 - 23:59:00 CDT: Multiple Vulnerabilities In IdealBB ASP Bulletin Board.
- Ideal BB Web site: Ideal Science: Bulletin Board Software.
- BID-17920: IdealBB Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2318: Incomplete blacklist vulnerability in Ideal Science Ideal BB 1.5.4a and earlier allows remote attackers to upload and execute an ASP script via a .asa file, which bypasses the check for the .asp extension but is executable on the server.
- CVE-2006-2319: Ideal Science Ideal BB 1.5.4a and earlier does not properly check file extensions before permitting an upload, which allows remote attackers to upload and execute an ASP script via a 0x00 character before the .asp portion of the filename.
- OSVDB ID: 25456: IdealBB Multiple Method Arbitrary File Upload
- SA20035: IdealBB Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Ideal Science Ideal BB 1.5.4a and prior
May 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this