AngelineCMS adodb-mssql.inc.php path disclosure
|angelinecms-adodbmssqlinc-path-disclosure (26383)||Low Risk|
AngelineCMS could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by a vulnerability in the adodb-mssql.inc.php script. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted request to the adodb-mssql.inc.php script to cause an error message to be returned containing the full installation path. This information could be used to launch further attacks against the affected system.
Other scripts reported to be affected include:
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- AngelineCMS Web site: AngelineCMS.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun May 07 2006 - 15:20:25 CDT: AngelineCMS Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- CVE-2006-2329: AngelineCMS 0.6.5 and earlier allow remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via a direct request for (1) adodb-access.inc.php, (2) adodb-ado.inc.php, (3) adodb-ado_access.inc, (4) adodb-ado_mssql.inc.php, (5) adodb-borland_ibase, (6) adodb-csv.inc.php, (7) adodb-db2.inc.php, (8) adodb-fbsql.inc.php, (9) adodb-firebird.inc.php, (10) adodb-ibase.inc.php, (11) adodb-informix.inc.php, (12) adodb-informix72.inc, (13) adodb-mssql.inc.php, (14) adodb-mssqlpo.inc.php, (15) adodb-mysql.inc.php, (16) adodb-mysqlt.inc.php, (17) adodb-oci8.inc.php, (18) adodb-oci805.inc.php, (19) adodb-oci8po.inc.php, and (20) adodb-odbc.inc.php, which reveal the path in various error messages; and via a direct request for the (21) lib/system/ directory and (22) possibly other lib/ directories, which provide
- AngelineCMS AngelineCMS 0.6.5 and prior
May 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.