phpBB charts.php cross-site scripting
|phpbb-charts-xss (26414)||Medium Risk|
phpBB is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the charts.php. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'id' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 11 2006 - 16:06:03 CDT: phpBB "charts.php" XSS and SQL-Injection.
- phpBB Web site: phpBB:: Creating Communities.
- BID-17952: Chart Mod Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2359: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in charts.php in the Chart mod for phpBB allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the id parameter. NOTE: this issue might be resultant from SQL injection.
- OSVDB ID: 26035: Chart Mod for phpBB charts.php id Parameter XSS
- phpBB phpBB
May 11, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this