Apple Mac OS X Mail MacMIME buffer overflow
|macos-mail-macmime-bo (26417)||High Risk|
Apple Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server are vulnerable to an integer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of MacMIME encapsulated attachments. By sending an email containing a specially-crafted email message containing a malicious MacMIME encapsulated attachment, a remote attacker could cause an integer overflow and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Apply Apple Security Update 2006-003, available from the Apple Web site. See References.
- Apple Security Update 2006-003: About Security Update 2006-003.
- US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-132A: Apple Mac Products Affected by Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-17951: Apple Mac OS X Security Update 2006-003 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-1449: Integer overflow in Mail in Apple Mac OS X 10.3.9 and 10.4.6 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted MacMIME encapsulated attachment.
- OSVDB ID: 25593: Apple Mac OS X Mail MacMIME Attachment Integer Overflow
- SA20077: Mac OS X Security Update Fixes Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016078: Apple Mail MacMIME and Enriched Text Bugs Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- Apple Mac OS X 10.3.9
- Apple Mac OS X 10.4.6
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.3.9
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.4.6
May 11, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this