Web-Labs CMS search and alerts cross-site scripting
|weblabscms-multiple-xss (26421)||Medium Risk|
Web-Labs CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'search' parameter when conducting a search or by using various fields when registering for email alerts to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Web-Labs Web site: Welcome to Web-Labs.
- BID-17956: Web-Labs CMS Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2358: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in various scripts in Web-Labs CMS allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the search parameter and (2) unspecified fields related to e-mail alerts. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 25467: Web-Labs CMS Search Function search Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 25468: Web-Labs CMS E-mail Alert Signup Multiple Field XSS
- SA20060: Web-Labs CMS Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Web Labs Limited Web-Labs CMS
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this