GPhotos index.php directory traversal
|gphotos-index-directory-traversal (26428)||Low Risk|
GPhotos could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories and obtain sensitive information. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted requests to the index.php script using "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the 'rep' variable to traverse directories and obtain sensitive information from arbitrary directories on the system. This information could be used to launch other, more specific attacks on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat May 13 2006 - 06:22:10 CDT: Gphotos Directory Traversal and Cross Site Scripting.
- ComScripts.com Web site: Gphotos.
- BID-17967: Gphotos Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2398: Directory traversal vulnerability in index.php in GPhotos 1.5 and earlier allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the rep parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25500: GPhotos index.php rep Variable Traversal Arbitrary Directory Listing
- SA20095: GPhotos Cross-Site Scripting and Disclosure of Arbitrary Directories
- Visialis Gphotos 1.5
May 13, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this