php Open Directory Project odp.php "browse" parameter cross-site scripting
|phpodp-odp-browse-xss (26446)||Medium Risk|
php Open Directory Project is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the odp.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'browse' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of php Open Directory Project (1.5j or later), available from the php Open Directory Project Web site. See References.
- kiki91.altervista.org: Open Directory Project Cross Site Scripting.
- Open Directory Project: php Open Directory Project.
- BID-17976: PHPODP ODP.PHP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2396: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in phpODP 1.5h allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script via the browse parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25496: phpODP odp.php browse Parameter XSS
- SA20111: phpODP "browse" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-1801: phpODP browse Parameter Handling Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- phpODP phpODP 1.5h
May 15, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this