DUbanner add.asp file upload
|dubanner-add-file-upload (26457)||Medium Risk|
Dubanner could allow a remote attacker to upload malicious files caused by improper validation of file extensions by the add.asp script. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the add.php script to upload a malicious file, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 10 2006 - 11:58:30 CDT: # MHG Security Team --- Gallery Upload Vulnerabilities.
- DUbanner Web site: DUware - Web-based Software Development.
- BID-17993: DUware DUbanner Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2428: add.asp in DUware DUbanner 3.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by uploading files with arbitrary extensions, such as ASP files, probably due to client-side enforcement that can be bypassed. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information, since the raw source is vague.
- OSVDB ID: 25530: DUbanner add.asp Arbitrary File Type Upload
- SA20102: DUbanner Insecure File Upload Vulnerability
- DUware DUbanner 3.1
May 10, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this